• March 18, 2015 at 7:05 am

The suspended star is due to host Have I Got News For You, as the BBC Trust declares his use of the word “pikey” was not racist.

Jeremy Clarkson is the subject of an internal inquiry by the BBC
    entainment
    a-lijn trouwjurken

He may have been suspended from the hit show Top Gear but Jeremy Clarkson could be back on our screens as host of the BBC’s Have I Got News For You.

The presenter is currently the subject of an internal inquiry after he was involved in a “fracas” with a producer on the motoring show.

But it has emerged that he is due to record the satirical panel show in May.

Jimmy Mulville, from production company Hat Trick, which makes the show, told the Broadcasting Press Guild that he thought Clarkson was “a fantastic broadcaster”.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned he is hosting Have I Got News for You, the BBC has not told me what to do yet and it will be an interesting conversation.”

He joked: “Maybe we will get the producer on so he can hit Jeremy Clarkson live on television.”

The BBC declined to comment on whether Clarkson’s suspension, if it is still in force, would cover an appearance on a separate show.