Forbes published the list of most powerful people in the world, Russian President Vladmir Putin happens to be the most powerful person on Earth. While U.S. President Barack Obama rests at the second position. It’s the second year in a row Putin earned the most powerful title.
“In 2014 he strong-armed his way into possession of Crimea and waged an ugly proxy war in neighboring Ukraine, during which an almost certainly Russian-supplied surface-to-air missile downed a civilian jetliner. But as the undisputed, unpredictable and unaccountable head of an energy-rich, nuclear-tipped state, no one would ever call him weak,” said Senior Forbes Editor Caroline Howard.
Apart from Pope Francis, the top six people in the list are from politics. The powerful Chinese leaders Xi Jinping is behind two world leaders Putin and Obama. The list was completed with a GIF of President Obama’s awkward reaction at Russian President Vladmir Putin.
Sunni militant leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi who caused devastation in Northern Iraq and Syria enter the list for the first time. He ranks at #54.
Forbes ranking is based on the respective person’s power, financial resources, and the number of people they impact. Here are the 30 most powerful people.
- Vladimir Putin, President of Russia
- Barack Obama, President of the US
- Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Communist Party of China
- Pope Francis, Head of the Roman Catholic Church
- Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- Janet Yellen, Chair of the Board of Governors of the United States Federal Reserve System
- Bill Gates, Co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Mario Draghi, President of the European Central Bank
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Cofounders of Google
- David Cameron, Prime minister of the United Kingdom
- Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia
- Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
- Li Keqiang, Premier of China
- Carlos Slim Helu, Honorary chairman of América Móvil
- Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- Francois Hollande, President of France
- Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase
- Ali Hoseini-Khamenei, Grand Ayatollah of Iran
- Rex Tillerson, CEO of Exxon Mobil
- Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of General Electric
- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
- Michael Bloomberg, CEO of Bloomberg
- Charles Koch and David Koch, CEO and EVP of Koch Industries
- Timothy Cook, CEO of Apple
- Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minster of Israel
- Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs
- Li Ka-shing, Chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited
- Doug McMillion, CEO of Walmart Stores
- Jack Ma, Founder of Alibaba
For complete list, check Forbes.com